Main practice areas are general corporate legal affairs and compliance, including contracts, debt recovery, human resource and labor.
Highly regarded for her expertise in information related legal affairs such as the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, Premiums and Representation Act and Information Disclosure Act, she has experience in legislative work when she served as Assistant Director to the Counselor of the Office for Information Disclosure Act Amendment in the Cabinet Secretariat of Japan. In addition, she served as the Chairperson of the Committee of Information Disclosure and Protection of Personal Information of the Daini Tokyo Bar Association for two years.
She provides legal consultations regarding the Act on the Protection of Personal Information for businesses operating in Japan, establishment of and support for compliance systems for measures against harassment, and contract and labor, and so on. She also provides advice in the area of information including IT related affairs and engaged as a legal advisor in the areas of fashion and pharmacy.
Skilled in providing prompt, careful and clear explanations, the sense of stability in her work style has allowed her to gain the trust of her clients in not just the corporate legal affairs area, but also in the domestic affairs area. Her practice also includes providing consultations on inheritance, adult guardianship, drafting and execution of wills, and divorce.
Education and Professional Background
- Graduated from Yokohama National University, Graduate School of International Social Sciences, Department of International and Business Law (LL.M. in International Business Law)
- Graduated from Omiya Law School (J.D.)
- Registered as attorney at law in Japan
- Assistant Director to the Counselor of the Office for Information Disclosure Act Amendment, Cabinet Secretariat (till 2012)
- Participated as one of the founding partners of Waseda Legal Commons, LPC